Monday, April 25, 2011

A birthday letter to Taylor

I'm starting a new thing, each year on my daughter's birthdays I will write them a letter.I'm a little late with this one but like they say "better late than never!"

Dear Taylor,


Happy birthday princess! WOW, you are 5 years old. I can hardly believe it! Someone had asked me a few months back how I was dealing with the fact you were going to be 5. I looked at them curiously?!? What do you mean?? It’s just another birthday. But just a few days ago, it hit me! My baby is not a baby any more, in fact you haven’t been a baby for quite some time now. Soon you will be starting kindergarten, going on field trips, sleep overs, and doing science projects. You have already amazed me recently with your ability to read, spell, and do math. I’m in awe of you! Not to mention how much you have physically grown. From not even 6 lbs at birth, you are now 45lbs and 44 inches tall. When I thought your hair would never grow as a baby, you now have long beautiful silky brown hair (no bangs as we let those grow out a year ago, it was tough be we got through it!) And how about your eyes!! Everywhere we go, you get completed on how pretty they are. They are wonderful for several reasons, they are big, a pretty blueish-green color, super long lashes, and thick eyebrows. I mean come on!! people are paying big money to get lashes like yours!! I still remember getting wheeled out of the hospital with you, we were on our way home. A nurse stopped to check you out and oh & ah’d over your lashes. I didn’t see what she was fussing over then but now I do!!

You are an amazing big sister. Teagan looks up to you so much and you have been a great teacher to her. You are my big helper. You are silly & outgoing. A music & dance lover, especially Taylor Swift! I love hearing you sing in the backseat of the car . I’m trying to win us tickets to see Taylor Swift in concert when she comes in June, hopefully we can go!! I love how you mispronounced a few words like granilla bar, instead of granola, or worm instead of warm. It’s too cute, and makes me smile when I hear you. You are very sensitive; your feelings get hurt easily. When you cry, it makes me cry. I think because you have big kid emotions now, not just upset because you can’t have a toy. I’ll be a mess when you first cry over a boy, ugh…not ready for that yet!

You are a fashionista! You love to go shopping with me and pick out clothes & shoes. A total girly girl.

On the other hand, you also love to go fishing with your daddy. I honestly think you’d do anything with him though. You are so deeply in love with him! You even want to go into the woods with him and look for deer (not kill, just look). And your daddy is head over heels in love with you too! The bond you two share is so special, it’s something unfortunately I’ll never know.

Taylor Christina, I am so blessed that God choose me to be your mommy. I love and cherish every moment we spend together. I adore you! I promise to be the best mother I can & always be there for you.

I love you princess.

Mommy

Taylor - 5 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment