Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!!

I wanted to do a quick post because it feels like things are getting so busy. December has been crazy! Between the usual dance class, xmas shopping, parties, playdates, photoshoots.... there has been a lot going on!!

Teagan is just getting over bronchitis :( Poor girl has been through so much! She was sent home from school one day with a fever and then her cough started getting worse and the fever was high. We usually don’t run to the Dr. right away but we both felt something was not right with her. Her voice was very scratchy and hoarse. So Chris took her to Dr. Mussary and they prescribed antibiotics. The only down fall of the antibiotics is it usually upset their tummies, and it did. We bought something called Florastor at Walgreens last night which is a probitotic that should help her tolerate the meds better. Five more days of this!!

Teagan also is potty trained now! Over Thanksgiving vacation, where I was able to be home with her for more than 2 days we worked on it. Then one weekend I just said we are starting panties! She has been doing great! Her first day at school she had NO accidents. Her teachers were really surprised how well she did. We still put on a pull up for overnight but most nights she wakes up dry :)

I have to just add that Teagan has been cracking me up lately. It’s so funny to hear what comes out of her mouth sometimes. One of my favs is when I tell her “Come on Teags, its time to go” and she replies with “Two minutes mommy!” pointing her little chunky finger at me. She also is addicted to the iPhone, its really insane! She wakes up and one of the first things she says is “can I play with your phone mommy??”

The girls are just growing up so fast! I dropped Taylor at her friend Bella’s house two weeks ago. It was the first time I’ve ever dropped her at a friend’s house to play. She was SOO excited. Bella is a really sweet, quite and shy girl. I’ve met her parents before and they seem very nice. When I dropped her off, Bella’s mom had pretty beads all ready for them to make necklaces. They also went to a neighbor’s birthday party where they had a bounce house and cotton candy machine. Needless to say, she had a great time! I guess this will be the beginning of more of that and then sleepovers! Yikes, she will be a teenager before too long!

Both girls are getting super excited for Christmas. We have been having fun this month singing Christmas carols and watching movies. The ABC Family channel has been running the “25 Days of Christmas” which they show holiday movies ever night. Everyday Taylor asks me what movie will be on tonight. She loves How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Home Alone 2. I loved seeing her giggle during Home Alone, and her repeating “Merry Christmas you filthy animal”. LOL It has been great family time :)

I went to my first cookie swap this past weekend hosted by Rocio. Of course I don’t cook OR bake, so I was in a dilemma on what to make. I found this website called Our Best Bites and found saw a recipe for Toffee Chocolate Chip cookies. I know, kinda plain and boring but hey, thats’ me! I like plain and boring and I love toffee ;) I think it was the first cookie I every made from scratch and honestly they were delish. Chris even complemented my skills. Hey, I may not be Betty Crocker but I’m great at following directions.

I still have lots to do this week, especially wrapping ALL those presents. I cannot wait till Christmas morning and see the excitement on the girls faces.

More to come on that note....

No comments:

Post a Comment